Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Small business Owner

Guest post by Gerard Mcdaniel

Being a small business owner wasn’t something I saw in the cards for myself but when my art career really took off during college it just made sense to go this way. Now I own a small art gallery right in downtown Chicago and business has never been better. I’m definitely learning as I go since I don’t have any formal business training (I went to art school) but I feel like I’ve made more good decisions than bad at the end of the day. Everything from credit card services to the utility bills to hiring for the spring season is in my hands and that’s a really scary but freeing feeling. I love having so much responsibility and knowing that the choices I make directly reflect in how much I earn – not to mention going to work everyday and working with art, which is my true love! I’m so happy to have found my dream career at such a young age and to know where I’m going in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment