Tuesday, May 17, 2011

My Miami Port Experience ~ Guest Post

I appreciate the guest post, Lindsay Valdez

I went on my last cruise to Jamaica with my entire immediate family. My mom, dad, husband, three kids, sister, and neice. The experience was memorable to say the least. We had to drive down from Port Charlotte to Miami, and were getting nervous about leaving the house vacant for an entire week. We set our home security alarm (Arkansas ADT home Alarm home systems) prior to going. This set my mind at ease for our long trip ahead.

Once we got to port in Miami, we had to stand in line for 3 hours before they would let us on the ship! Unfortunetly, the ship that we were going on, had just gotten back from an international trip, and the Coast Guard decided to make a spot inspection! So, we are all standing in line like cattle, with no entertainment, food or drink for three hours! This is quite a feat with four children, and your mother with you!

Luckily, we survived that and finally were able to get on the ship, hassle free. Once we were up to our rooms, we could finally sit on something comfortable and begin to plan our first night on the ship. All in all, it was a memorable experience. and one we will be taking again in another few years.

1 comment:

  1. I'd LOVE to go on a cruise! Especially to Jamaica! You deserved it love!

    ReplyDelete