Thursday, July 22, 2010

Life Lock Review

As a member of BzzAgent, I get to try and review products and services. If you aren't a member, you should completely go and check it out, and become a member.
 

I was given the opportunity to become a member of Life Lock. First a little about the service:
LifeLock helps protect your identity - even if your information falls into the wrong hands. We provide you early notification of identity threats, search the web for the illegal selling of your information, help cancel and replace the contents of your lost or stolen wallet, verify change of address requests and much, much more.
 
A little experience from me:
About 3 years ago, I went to use my bank account and it was declined. I couldn't figure out why, because I knew that I had money in my account. So I called my bank. immediately as I was standing right there at the store, because I was humiliated and had to prove to them I was right. So I check my account and sure enough, it's negative. Hanging my head in shame, I left, went home and called the bank again. Turns out someone was kind enough to take my account information and sign up on a bunch of adult websites, draining my account. I was so angry. How could someone do this? Easily, I tell ya! Soon after that I realized I had lost a check, mine and my kids birth certificates as well as our social security cards. As I'm going through all this, trying to get everything back, I'm told that I have a house in my name. How amazing! I have a home, I don't live there, and I don't even know where it was located. (Just a side note, they will not tell you where you home you don't know about is) I won't even drag you through everything that I went through, but all is fixed now. 

Life Lock through BzzAgent has agreed to let me try their service for one year. So I jumped on it, having been through what I went through. The signing up process, a breeze. Really this couldn't get any easier. BUT...me being me, well I screwed up. After you are all signed up, they send you some emails with your sign on information. But not me, I couldn't get it right. I called the help line, I have to say that I was totally impressed with the level of service I was given. Not only was the girl extremely knowledgeable about the service (that is rare in customer service these days) but she was polite, and very willing to help. I felt like an idiot because it was an error on my part not being able to sign on, not theirs, but she assured me I was not the only one who did this. I am huge on getting good customer service from a company.

Already I see a complete decrease in the junk mail that I receive and the credit card offers. So if you are worried about your good name, go for it, give it a try. I don't think you'll be disappointed at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment