Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Work Life

It amazes me still the stupidity that people have in the world. I really thought that people would be smarter, kinder, and more patient. HA jokes on me!
I got a call the other day, old man telling me about his medicine and how he needs the insurance to pay for it. I was trying to explain to him that we do not deal with insurance or medication because we are a CAR dealership! He was Asian of some sort, but could not understand a thing I was saying. He kept saying "So it's ok then now?" Uhm no sir, it's not, you need to call your insurance. "So it's ok then now right?" I ended up having to say very quickly "We don't deal with medicine or insurance, please call your Dr and have a great day!" and then hanging up. All per the big boss.
Then I get a guy, tells me he's calling to activate his Visa card. Sorry, again I answered the phone and specifically stated what company we were, and in no way did I mention that we were affiliated with your bank or Visa card. I didn't say that to him, but I wanted to. I mean come on when you call a company, don't you listen to what they say when they answer. If you don't, please start! So anyway, I tell him that we are a car dealership. He asked me........."WHY?" Uhm because that is the company I work for and that is why. Seriously? So I quickly explain to him that we can't activate his card and hang up the phone since I have 6 other lines buzzing in all at the same time, and hung up. Wouldn't ya know...HE CALLED BACK! He said "Don't hang up on me, I want to know why you can't activate my Visa card" I say "Sir I am not a bank, I am not employed by Visa, but if you want to give that card number to me, I will activate it and shop" ....... dial tone!
A guy calls (get how these are all MEN, they don't listen), I answer the phone and he says "who is this?" So I repeat the company name...he tells me he can't understand me. So one last time, 3 times is all you get w/ me, and I tell him...doing my very best to keep my cool. This jerk had the nerve to tell me I don't talk right! Why don't I talk right you ask....because I have a "phone" voice, and that phone voice is a very soft spoken one, but clearly understandable. I felt like telling him I couldn't understand his ebonics! In the end, he wanted Child Support.
I'm really kind of worried about my Tuesday man. He used to drive me insane calling and insisting that I was with the BBB and that I was lying to him about who we were. But he hasn't called me for like a month, and I'm kind of worried about him. I like to imagine that he is in a nursing home and they took his phone priviledges away, but then still, I think calling me was some sort of comfort to him. Pray for my Tuesday man!

6 comments:

  1. People so don't listen or get it. It's so frustrating. I do have to admit, I got a kick out of your stories though.

    Praying Tuesday man is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when I call you just to mess with ya, cause I love you so much my bestie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG> so funny! I think we should all call you with a different question every day. Then...you could be an advice columnist. Love your post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all have someone like Tuesday Man it seems that we worry about and get used to even if they are a pain sometimes.

    Loved the post and glad you finally got the guys card activated for him, should have been easy since you work at the bank Ha Ha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this. Hope your Tuesday man will be ok.

    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL There are a lot of confused people in the world. At least you got a good post out of it!

    ReplyDelete