Friday, August 6, 2010

A New Lease On Life

Well after being away for a while and not posting or visiting much (sorry), I think I'm geared up and ready to be back in the game. The past few weeks have been extremely busy and stressful, so instead of gripe on here, I just took time away. Ok so I crawled into my little hole and had some good ol' fashioned self pity. Then after a round with an intestinal virus, and some very intense back pain, and two rounds of pink eye...I'm back!
 
So as some of you may have read in my last post my daughter and I started a blog together. She wants to blog, and I'm not willing to let her speak to the WWW by herself, so we will do it together. Maybe one day I will change the name of the blog and let her take over, but for now, this is how I feel safe doing it. So be sure to go over and visit us at the new blog.

Parenting A Fashion Diva Teen


I'm working on finding other things to focus on. First being my debt! As you will see I have added a ticker at the top of my blog. This will hold me accountable! Now I have all of the world to show I am paying my debts off. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not crazy in the hole in debt, I don't even have $1,000 in debt, but I wanna owe nobody nothing and that's my plan. So I've started with the first credit card to be paid off and then I will do the second one.

At the bottom I have added a savings ticker, because I really want to have money saved to use for Christmas this year instead of using credit cards. So here's to paying off debt and building savings all at the same time!

So to pay off debt and save money  I must have a plan right? Of course I do. Not sure if you all know it or not but I am a ChaCha guide. So to pay off the credit cards, I will be doing some extra ChaCha work. So be sure to text us and ask us a question at 242242. You can ask any question, we will text you an answer back, and hey the best part...you will be helping me pay off my credit card! Now that's giving back to the community! Oh and by the way, ChaCha service is completely free. You will not be charged for using their service. NOW if you don't have a text plan, you will get standard text messaging rates.

To save money, I've set up an automatic withdrawal out of checking into savings once a month. In addition to that, when the next pay check comes around any money that I have left in the account goes into savings. Is it a great plan? Maybe not. But it's my plan and I will find out if it works or not.

Hope y'all have a great weekend. I'll be back to regular posting next week!

4 comments:

  1. I noticed your credit card thing there. Good for you! I hate being in debt too.
    I've missed you. I'm glad to hear you'll be back next week. If you ever need to talk girl, I'm here. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to have you back. And looking forward to having you and daughter team up on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are inspiring me! Here's to getting out of debt!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your back int blog land! I need to start doing more ChaCha work to start saving for Christmas. We need to have our competitions again.

    ReplyDelete