Sunday, October 17, 2010

Jumping Back Into Savings....

Well I decided a few weeks ago that I would get back into couponing again. I did really good when I did it before so I am getting back into it. I went yesterday and did my 10-10 to 10-16 trip today. I'm so very late I know, but time has not really been on my side.
Yesterday I went to CVS & Rite Aid. I probably could have done better, but I'm pretty happy with what I did. I took pictures so that I could show you what I got.


First I went to Rite Aid:
 Transaction #1:
Playtex Sport 2/$8 (I had a coupon for Playtex Sport $1/1 and Playtex Gentle Glide $1/1, also got $2 Up Rewards for buying 2)
Frizz - Ease $4.99 (I had a coupon for $2/1 but that coupon got lost between home and Rite Aid, so I actually spent more than I wanted but needed it. I got $1 Up Reward)
Total: $17.07 before tax
Coupon Savings: $2.00
Wellness Savings: $4.08
OOP: $10.99 before tax
Up Rewards: $3.00

Transaction #2:
Dial Body Wash $2.99 each (I had a coupons for $1/2 Dial and got $1 Up Reward each)
Gain Dish Detergent $.89 (I had a coupon for $1/1...FREE)
Total: $12.47 before tax
Coupon Savings: $2.00
Wellness Savings: $5.60
Used $3.00 Up Rewards from transaction #1.
OOP: $1.87 before tax
Up Rewards received: $2.00

Second stop was CVS

Transaction #1:
Colgate Total Advance $2.99 (Had a coupon for $1/1 and a coupon for $.75/1 and received $2.99 ECB for each one.)
Dial Body Wash 2/$8 (Had 2 coupons for $1/1 and got $2 ECB)
Total: $13.98
Coupon Savings: $3.75
OOP: $10.23 before tax
ECB earned: $7.98

Transaction #2:
Dawn Dish Soap: $.97 (Had a coupon for $.25/1)
Cocoa Butter Lotion: $.99 (Filler Item)
Soft Soap Body Wash: B1G1 $4.39 (Had a coupon for $.75/1)
Mt. Dew 20 oz: $1.69 (Filler Item)
Total after sales: $3.99
Coupon Savings: $1.00
Used $2.00 ECB from Transaction #1
OOP: $.65 before tax

$5.98 remaining in ECB's.

I spent a total of $26.02 OOP including tax.
I still have $5.98 ECB
$2.00 Up Rewards

So all in all I did pretty good, I think. I am sure somebody could have done much better, but this is what I was able to figure up.






4 comments:

  1. Good for you...I only use the coupons that I can add to my Safeway card online...I am not very good at the coupon clipping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely glad you're back. I will need to pay attention to your couponing...I will be losing my job here shortly! Thanks for posting. I will be paying attention. Do you just do sunday paper coupons with store coupons and promotions?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to teach me how to shop. I end up spending way more than I need to....mostly because I always "forget" coupons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete