Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Keeping Odd Hours....

My normal working schedule is 7:30 - 4....great hours right. Yes...if you're not a night owl like me. After 13 months of working the same schedule I still have trouble falling asleep at night and getting up in the morning. I get up at 5:15ish...sometimes before, sometimes after. I head out of the house at 6:20 and get to work. Go home and make dinner, clean, or do something online (blogs, frontierville..etc) ok most of the time during the week, it's cook dinner and do something online, though I'm working on changing that habit. Trying to!
The problem is, I'm exhausted all day at work. All I can think about is getting home and going to bed. But let that sun set and something goes terribly wrong because I'm full of energy. Even after getting up at 5:15 I could still stay up until 2 or 3 am w/ no problems. I do my best to be in bed by 9:30...read a book for a while, and then try to fall asleep. I FAIL!
This past weekend I had a bit of a mix up w/ my meds and I took my day time meds that helps me to feel awake and alert, instead of my evening meds, which help calm me and relax me. So what happened...I was up until 6 a.m.!!! Which meant I slept until 10:30 and that has screwed me all up! Well I attempted to go to bed lastnight early because we were getting up early to go to the airport (I'll post about that soon). I ended up being up until 1 and having to get back up at 5:30. Then today and tomorrow I am working the evening shifts for the night time receptionist. My schedule is so screwed up. I already struggle w/ going to bed early and getting up early, but now I've really gone and screwed it up.

So what do you do? How do you relax at night to get a good nights rest? Or are you a night owl like me? I know, I know, I probably get a lot more sleep then some of you.

4 comments:

  1. I am a night owl too...I go to bed at 11:30 p.m. and at that point I am exhausted. I am up at 7:15 to get the kids up. I think working out has helped with the energy level during the day and helping me have no problem going to sleep.

    Hope you get your schedule back to normal soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to be a night owl too! I would ask your doctor if he/she could recomend something for you...over the counter or natural. Tylenol PM seems to do the trick for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you..I"m up till crazy hours in the morning...My only savior is that my little one sleeps in late with me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The commenter who said exercise might be on to something? personally I just need A LOT of sleep. Though I am with you - it's like the second I CAN actually sleep my body doesn't want to anymore. Le sigh.

    ReplyDelete