Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Going to the Dr's


Finally today I go to the doctor!
Why is it I'm so excited to go to the doctor? Because I can't take this pain any longer!
A year ago this month Sugar Booger and I went bowling for our Wednesday date, the next morning I woke up and I couldn't move my head or my right arm. Figured I pulled a muscle, sucked it up and went on w/ life. A week later and I'm still very very sore, and there is a lump on my back. It's located right where your neck and back come together and goes down to about the middle of my shoulder blades. I think nothing of it, chalk it up to a knot and suck up the pain. 
Fast forward 6 months, the lump is still there and the pain has only gotten worse. So I go to the Dr, my family Dr and they give me an anti-inflammatory. I take it for 2 weeks and nothing, the lump is still there and so is the pain. So they send me in for an X-ray which shows nothing. So in for a CT scan I go, and do you know how little that tube is? I had to be sedated! The CT scan shows there is no infection, and no inflammation. So then they do an MRI which shows that I have a small fracture in my neck, and they say I'm losing bone marrow, what ever the heck that means. But nothing to be concerned about. On to the next test....a bone scan. They want to make sure that it's not bone cancer. NOPE! Nothing!
Another 6 months later and here I sit, still in pain, and they don't know what's wrong. Today I go see a neurologist, they are concerned because there are so many nerves that come together right there. So please, take a moment to hope, pray, or wish (what ever it is you do) that this neurologist has a magic fix for me and can take me out of my misery. I can't take the pain much longer.

14 comments:

  1. OH MY! I hope they figure it out quick!!!

    I will be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will be in our thoughts today!! Hope all goes well, don't forget to update us Bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my prayers. I know you will call to let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope it is okay! My mom is going through that and I know how painful it is!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sure hope they'll find what's wrong and deal with it quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Geez, Melissa, how did you manage? That would have scared me. I really hope they find out and can help.
    Let us know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! I really hope this is solved quickly for you, hun. I have no idea how you have been so strong in dealing with it.

    Keep us posted and saying a prayer for you!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no...saying a prayer now. Ouch. I hope they are able to get to the problem and fix it up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. praying right now that he knows what it is and how to fix it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Saying a prayer for you...any answers from the doc? I hope they can get you out of pain soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. PRAYING FOR YOU!
    I went through a year of debilitating backpain that left me pretty much immobile (i was 25 walking with a cane!) It was easily the wrst year ever and ended in surgery. praying for you...let me know if there is anything I can do or questions I can answer! stay strong i am now following you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're in my thoughts and prayers! Keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had a diseased d gallbladder. And for 10 years they couldn’t figure out what was wrong with me because nothing came up on their test. Finally a kind doctor took pity on me and I went in for surgery. My gallbladder was unlike anything they had seen . It was so bad they took it to a special lab to study it.

    Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so sorry to hear that you have had this pain for so very long. I hope the appointment went well and they had some answers for you. Let us know!

    ReplyDelete