Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

Day 2 Day

Happy Valentine's Day!!
Hubby and I will not be having a big celebration this year, not that we ever do, but we are going to brunch, and then he will watch his Nascar race and I will be quiet. LOL! This is not fair!

Our first Valentine's together was just a few short months after we had started dating. He was still in the trying to impress me stage, even though he really didn't need to. So he buys me this cute little card, we go to dinner and he decides we should take a ride together. I'm a very cautious person. I'm always thinking the worst of every situation and worry constantly. So we get out to this place and he says lets go for a walk, he wants to take me to a place where we can look at the stars and be all alone. So we start walking, about 50 ft away from the car I'm freaking out, he wants me to go IN THERE! It was a wooded area, that to this day he still swears came to a beautiful clearing for us to lay in and look at the stars. Did I mention this was just a few short months into our dating? Did he really think I would walk into the woods w/ him? I was to chicken, I couldn't do it, I couldn't bring myself to go into the woods w/ someone, who by all means was still really a stranger to me. I was sure he was gonna take me back there and hack me to pieces, and if he didn't then there would certainly be someone waiting in the woods to do the job for him. Nope I was not going! Take me back to the car Mr. He caved in, he took me back to the car, we spent the rest of our night in a little bar.
The worst part is, earlier in the day, he had taken a blanket, and a picnic out there for us. He never went back to get it. 6 years later, I still wouldn't walk in the woods w/ him or anyone else. I'm a big scaredy cat. He really does know how to be romantic, and he still to this day is trying to woo me. I love him so much!


5 comments:

  1. What a great blog! Thanks for following me. I've done the same! Happy V-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Valentines Day!
    Stopping by from Fri Follows - I'm a new follower! Love to have you stop by:
    http://dimes2vines.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have been the same way. I don't like the woods either. Have a very Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would not walk into the woods with him either :) Hope you had a great V-day. Can you believe we have went a hole day NOT talking?? I'm having Melissa withdraws.

    ReplyDelete