Sunday, March 28, 2010

I have to give credit...

I have to give credit, where credit is due! If you missed this post then you may not understand, so read it first!

So he didn't go out Saturday which makes me feel like shit. Him not going out w/ the guys is not at all what I was upset about. BUT...he did come home, he did show me more attention, and he did sit down watch a movie w/ me and cuddled w/ me the whole time. 

So what does this mean?? It means for the first time in I don't know how long, he did listen to my feelings. He was upset Friday night, as was I, so we just avoided each other. I sat in anticipation today while he was at work wondering was what going to happen when he got home. He walked in told me he loved me, and then started fixing the sink because it sprung a leak. 

I'm happy again! We still have to get this communication thing down. You'd think after almost 7 years we would, but we don't. This is how it works: Scott wants something: Doesn't say anything and waits and waits for me to read his mind until he finally blows up. I want something: I make small hints, he doesn't pick up on them and then I blow up. Great communication going on there!

I guess for me, it made me happy that he did listen to how I felt, and attempted to change it. That makes me happy! I do love the booger....doesn't mean I don't get pissed at him from time to time.

10 comments:

  1. So glad. See...it helps to communicate. I am one to hold it in until I blow too, I have noticed when i say things when it first bothers me I get a better reception because I am not as angry too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a constant work in progress to be sure. I'm glad you had a littl e breakthrough and I hope the communication gets better and better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad things are better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy to hear this. :) Getting pissed at him from time to time is obviously normal. Well at least it's normal for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First off, your blog is to die for...I love how cheery it is! You girls rock!

    Communication...we are both very passive so the same thing happens to us...all of a sudden one of us blows...it's tough!...and we have almost 12 years in. Hang in there and keep smiling! I am going to send the book out tomorrow...:) I forgot last week...sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm happy to see that you've started working it out. My wife and I still don't have great communication after 20 some years.
    Some of us just aren't great communicators.
    Happy Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two things - it's give and take. You won't always agree and that type of thing makes you that much stronger.

    Other thing - you fucking rule at web design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's healthy to fight, get pissed, throw words at one another from time to time....not healthy on a daily basis but everyone goes through this and the best part is, that we get to write about it so it does relieve some tension! Hope for better days:) Enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you two for seeing what needs to be done! Yay! Marriages take a TON of work, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad things are working out now. Talking does make things better.

    I mentioned you on my blog today. :)

    ReplyDelete