Monday, March 8, 2010

What A Weekend.....Part I

Oh man what a weekend. I was so excited Friday for it to be the weekend, so I could enjoy the time off. LOL...silly me, why did I actually think I was gonna get some down time? 
Get home Friday and Sugar Booger is painting, oh man NO he's not painting. No paint, no paint brushes, can I turn around and run now? Nope, he's already heard me, he starts calling for me from upstairs. Ahhhh! I go up there, very cautiously because I know what is about to happen. 
Sugar Booger: Hey honey, look what I've been doing all day!
Me: Oh it looks real nice, I'm gonna run back down stairs and get out of these clothes.
Sugar Booger: Oh but wait, why don't you put on some old clothes so you can help me?
Me: ^^^^^^^
Sugar Booger: Oh come on it won't take long. Just the door frames. 
Me: Ok fine!

So I go get the paint that, yep, he already had sitting out for me, and do the door frames.

Sugar Booger: Oh it looks like you have some left over paint, we should touch up throughout the house.
Me: Ok

So I go looking through the house, find some spots that need touched up and have at it. I get to the door....oh that stupid door. I paint a few spots, because well it needed a little touching up. But is it ever that easy for me? NOPE! They were 2 different whites, so now I have to do the whole door. One side of the door? No way, hubby needs the other side done, even though the other side is on the outside. Do I need to tell you how cold it was? Oh and just in case you didn't figure it out, if ya do the door ya gotta do the door frame. So I worked until 4pm, came home and painted until 10!

Come back tomorrow for Part II

13 comments:

  1. What???? That's so not fair how that went down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOLOL... :) But you know it's always so sweet and fulfilling when you're working alongside your Honey (or Booger, hee hee). :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww thats no fun!!! I would love to paint my house though... it needs it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will you come help me when I decided to paint my living room again?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you got conned a little bit. Can't wait to hear part 2.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmm that is not supposed to be how it works out! I bet your were freezing!! I love to paint though!


    Oh and ha ha--no I wrote in my post that I am 5 feet 1/2 inch and that those actresses are as tall as me, shorter than me or me in heels ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like painting too but you have to make sure you do enough coats the first time around or else you'll pay for it with missed spots when it completely dries!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would always run too, but never fast enough. I was constantly being sucked into "his" projects while mine where placed on the back burner. No fair!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. One thing that Nancy Reagan said comes to mind.

    JUST SAY NO

    Did I mention that I hate painting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was painting today! Had to paint the bathroom we are remodeling. Hubby hates to paint so it's your truly who has to do it. It is not fun when you aren't in the mood either, which from your story I don't think you were. Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings...:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Why is painting to addicting...I got started on the girls room and couldn't quit either. Sorry you had to spend your evening with a brush in hand.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh no...that sucks...maybe now i'm glad hubby won't let me touch the house with paint...says i wouldn't do it good enough...hmm don't think i'll talk him out of that one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now I'm dying for Part 2!

    And painting. Ugh. Don't get me started...

    xo

    ReplyDelete