Friday, March 19, 2010

I'm Back....

Kind of!

I still feel like crap, and my posts will probably be full of randomness and I warn you of this right away. Since I have this new friend "pneumonia" who wants to hang out w/ me all the time, my Dr gave me meds to deal w/ this new friend. They have me on antibiotics...yay...steroids...I'll be super woman soon...and inhalers, nebulizer all that great stuff. SO, with that being said, I can't take any of my meds to help me deal w/ my other friend "bipolar", and the steroids really screw w/ my emotions. So you see...I can't keep my mind sitting still for very long, my emotions are out of control, and please before you do anything else, pray for my hubby and daughter to make it through these next few weeks w/ me while I am off my meds. God bless them!

So lets start with what happened...sorry if I ramble on to long!


Monday was any other day at work. I was answering phones, getting annoyed w/ the stupid people, and talking w/ my bestie Heather when all of a sudden I was in pain. I mean intense PAIN! I told Heather...OMG I'm in pain, and that was the last she heard from me for a while. I tried to hold it together, I really hate for people to see me cry, but the stinking tears came falling out of my eyes against my will. So I'm sitting there, holding my arm, because my chest and arm were killing me. One of the managers came over and says hey are you alright. Of course I'm alright, just please don't look at me cause I'm crying and I don't want anybody to see. Uh did I mention I am the receptionist so I'm right out there in the middle for all the world to see? So he goes and gets someone, and those two determine that an ambulance must be called. OMG...so now you wanna call more attention upon me by making the ambulance come?!?! I can't even begin to tell you the humiliation I was feeling right along w/ pain. I knew it wasn't my heart, I just couldn't convince them of that.

So I get to the hospital and we waited, and waited, and waited. Ok so as I said it was arm and chest pain, which I knew wasn't my heart but the Dr didn't. I sat there for 2 hours before I seen a Dr, who came in asked me a few questions, walked out, and came back w/ a nurse who had a pill and a shot of morphine for me. That's it, no exam, no tests, no nothing, just drugs and off ya go. So I went home, still in pain because neither the shot nor the pill did anything for me.

Went to the Dr's on Tuesday, he did an EKG just to be sure, and listened to my lungs. Said I had pneumonia but had to have an xray to be sure. So went in for the xray and confirmed what the Dr had said, then started this journey the last few days w/ my new friend.

I will do my very best to get to blogs today, and comment, I have been reading, I promise, I just haven't commented because well I'm filled w/ randomness and am afraid that my comments may not make sense. So if they don't, please forgive me. Just for the next few weeks atleast.

6 comments:

  1. We forgive you. Of Course, there's noting to forgive. Not your fault.
    Please take care of yourself and get better.
    I've never ridden in an ambulance. Was it fun? Did they let you do the siren? What are you six?
    Off course it was not fun. Sorry.
    That sucks that you had to wait so long with chest and arm pains...and then they did nothing. That's malpractice. Sue them silly.

    Get better,
    Greg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no...please take care of yourself, and heal.

    Take the time to rest up please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the tears, I can relate. When I am sick I always cry. What an experience for you. Hang in there girl and take care of yourself. A little TLC does wonders!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that is just crazy. I think you should take it easy that is not fun. Hang in there...saying some prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you feel better. ER's are worthless. I have decided they're really only for people bleeding or with broken bones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scary! I hope you get feeling completely better soon!

    ReplyDelete