Monday, March 22, 2010

No Meds = Mean Mommy & Wife

 I tried to quit smoking yesterday, it lasted about 2 hours. I have no meds, and no nicotine, that is a very lethal combination. Poor family!
I can't take my meds while I'm taking the steroids for the pneuomonia, and man I am hating life. It's so much easier to control my emotions when I have my medication. Yesterday was a very hard day. Not only did I not have my meds, but I attempted to stop smoking. I was miserable! So I smoked, and kept my sanity just a little bit more.
The weather has a lot to do w/ moods. I never really noticed before. I am so doom and gloom today, it's cloudy, rainy and cold outside. I have been at work for 2 hours and I'm ready to go home. Crazy!
I really hate feeling like this. Like there is no fun in me, no happiness, just gloomy. Tomorrow I get to start taking my meds again. I can't wait! I never would've thought I'd be happy to take medicine, but man this feeling depressed/angry/sad/confused/flat all at one time is killing me. Not to mention that I'm hungry ALL the time. I mean ALL the time.

So w/ all that whining out of the way, I can't wait for the sun to shine, for the air to be warm and to sit outside and get some real fresh air and watch my doggies run and play in the yard.
We watched New Moon this weekend. I was really sad I didn't get to see it in theaters. It was great! I watched it twice, once w/ Lexi (who wanted to chit chat the whole way through) and once w/ hubby (who can't sit still or stop playing w/ the TV settings). I almost had to watch it a 3rd time just to see it undisturbed. I swear I have the worst family ever to watch movies w/. None the less I did get to see it and it was fantastic. I can't wait until June when Eclipse will be out in theaters.

I'm also very jealous of all you bloggers who get to go and meet up! Y'all need to come to Nashville darn it. Hubby would not understand me wanting to take off for a weekend to another state. He'd probably fear for my life, but if y'all are here.....

I'm all done whining for today!

11 comments:

  1. I so hear you and feel you about the meds. When I don't take them...my poor kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ain't nothing wrong with being hungry all the time. That's me like 24/7. Try and feel better soon and you'll kick the smoking habit. Took me two weeks of pure torture but I did it.

    Hey, you follow Lisa Marie? She lives in your town and her blogging skillz are top notch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain... I'm tryna quit smoking too.. I am so jealous of those Cold Turkey MoFo's!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Following from MBC. Steroids will give you all those symptoms. When I took them I felt like a was full of rage and I was so hungry all the time I could eat someones arm right off! babysittinmama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry you had a bad day. hope that you are feeling better soon. Wow that must have been a good movie. The only movies I am watching these days are kid flicks. LOL But they are good too:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You grumpy? I can't see it! (We all get that way though)! So you finally got to see New Moon huh? Good huh? I want to buy it but haven't yet. I almost bought an Edward t-shirt the other day but thought should a 44 year old wear a shirt like that? lol! I am reading another series called The Brotherhood Dagger series...they are pretty good. Joe from 20 to Life told me about them. She also is a huge Twilight fan. I just started book 2 and so far they are really good. (See my post from today with the first one in my picture). ;) I am sure you will be counting down the hours tomorrow...hang in there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey you! Ian sent me over... so you are in Nashvegas??? Me too!!! I've lived here since 1988.I love your blog and happy to be a new follower. Feel free to pop on over to my blog any ole' time

    ReplyDelete
  8. My wife and I were in Nashville many years ago. Went to Opryland and the Grand Ole Opry. Had a good time.

    Gloomy weather does me in too. I so love to see the sun. Not that it makes me want to do something, but it does make me feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you get to feeling better soon. I know its hard to quit smoking.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a bad day. I agree with the weather making me depressed. We had few gloomy days and it was awful. Yesterday sun came out and everything looks much better.

    I hope you get some sunshine and meds soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How's the not smoking going? I remember I got SO SUPER light headed when I tried to quit that was what bothered me the most.

    ReplyDelete