Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My Mini Vacation - Part 1

As promised I am going to tell you all about my mini vacation and sorry but you are going have to do this in 2 parts, but I promise only 2!

So on Saturday we woke up and got on the road to Chattanooga:
 
So we drove....errr...uhm...Prince Charming drove in the down pouring rain and crazy weather. Thank goodness it was only a 2 1/2 hour drive or he may have indented the steering wheel with his death grip and complete concentration.

When we got to Chattanooga we arrived here:
 
It was such a cute cozy little cabin! I fell in love at first site and thought NOW I have reached a place where I can rest and relax. We dropped the dogs off at the cabin (bad humans I know) and then went to eat lunch here:
Prince Charming and I both love Mexican food so much and we are always trying new Mexican restaurants.
So Prince Charming took his time looking over the menu:
As I sat laughing because they told him it was a dry county and he could not order a margarita.
I know it's not nice to laugh at people but I find it so much fun when he gives me a reason to laugh. Ok he gave me a better reason but he said if I put that picture up I'd be in big trouble.
So we had our lunch and then realized it was time to go relax. We knew it was going to rain Saturday so that was going to be our day of relaxation. And we did just that in this:
All day! It was wonderful to sit around and do nothing. Not have to worry about anything, not to have to clean anything, just relax and listen to the rain fall around us.
We also had a nice little creek (yes I say crick) out back to look at.
And a huge yard for the doggies to romp around in though with the rain they didn't do any romping.
After all the relaxing and lazing around Prince Charming decided to build me a fire.
I won't tell you that it was a gas fireplace and that it was also lit by remote control because that is not as manly.
After all the excitement of relaxing for an entire day we spent the rest of the night sleeping on this:
I love this bed and if I could have packed it up and brought it home with me I would have!

Tomorrow I will tell you about Sunday!

8 comments:

  1. That looks awesome!
    Also? I took a vacay once. And I turned it into like 2 weeks of posts. I milked it good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! What a fun time! Cant wait to read the rest!
    I changed my blog url, please follow me there!!
    Vanessa@Dilly Dally
    http://daily-dilly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cabin does look like heaven! I have never been to Chattanooga! We are going to Gatlinburg for the 100th time this fall, so your pictures definately make me excited for my trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have been in heaven!! That bed was gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh...looks like a great little vacation! I had the most fun when we went to Tennessee a few years ago...spent some time in the Smokey Mountains....Gatlinburg & Pigeon Forge. Loved it.

    Laughing about the "dry county".

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love, love that bed. And I would have been in heaven relaxing in that hot tub. I can not wait to make our trip to TN in 3 months.....to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fire and a big cozy bed sounds so relaxing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that sounds so good. I would love to do nothing buy lie around not having to do anything or take care of anyone!

    ReplyDelete