Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Soooo Excited!

In just 4 days I will be going to Chattanooga, TN for a mini vacation. Ok well it's more like a weekend getaway but I'm excited just the same. I can not wait to go! Oh and I'm taking my new camera so be prepared when I get back for a ton of pictures. Just me and hubby going away by ourselves!

We plan to visit Ruby Falls and I have looked at a ton of pictures. They promise for me to see this:
**image courtesy of rubyfalls.com**
Is that not the most amazing water fall ever! Oh it better look like that because my expectations are high. I can not wait to see that. I'm really going to be brave and go down in the cave to see this...so it better be this spectacular. Oh and I'll have my own pics to post then.

We are also planning a visit to Rock City. They are going to provide me wonderful views of the mountains and at one point I'll be able to see 7 states at one time...yeah 7!
 **image courtesy of seerockcity.com**
That is gonna be so cool because I've only seen one state a time. In my mind I will travel to all 7 at the same time!

After all that fun we are going to do the Incline Railway. This is where I get really brave (or sedated) because it's steep. I'm so afraid of heights. It is a 72.7% grade...Oh pray I don't have an anxiety attack! I will have my anxiety meds on hand because thinking about it is bringing on an attack. I would love to show you pictures but I couldn't find any on their website so you'll have to be happy with mine when I get back. In the mean time pray for me cause that is going to be scary. 

So on a mini vaca to relax I am doing 3 things that are going to have me terrified! Ruby Falls...I am claustrophobic...Lookout Mountain (Rock City)...I am deathly afraid of heights and the Incline Railway falls into the heights category. I can do this!

14 comments:

  1. Have a blast! Ruby Falls looks absolutely GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Mr. BFG would be SO jealous! He spent a lot of time there in the summers (he's originally from Memphis) and vows to take us all up there one of these days.

    Take tons of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My family went there when I was younger. Ruby Falls is AMAZING!!! They wouldn't allow flash photography when we went though. So be prepared to get snapped at if you do. LOL We accidentally turned the light on on our video camera and they yelled at us. LOL As for the inclined railway...NO WAY would I EVER do that!!! I hate heights and that certainly is one!! Okay, if it were me and hubby only, he might get me to do it...


    HAVE FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well. Guess what my city and state is?!?

    Chattanooga TN!!!!!!!!!!!


    I am a lover of Rock city for 3 reasons, 1 you can see my house. 2 it is amazingly beautiful, and 3 on a clear day, you feel like you can see forever!

    Be sure to take a walk downtown on the riverwalk. It literally runs right beside the river. It is beautiful! You should totally let me know if you run out of things to do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have done all three, and they are all equally amazing! Have fun! And yes, Ruby Falls is just that pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to see Ruby Falls, beautiful. And I am super jealous, but I will be in Tenn to see you in a few months.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun, fun, fun!!! I would love to see more of the southern states! I used to live in arizona and loved when our parents took us on little trips. Can't wait to see your pics:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did Ruby Falls and the Incline thing when I was in high school.....now maybe it was the jaded high school student talking, but there is nothing to be afraid of about the incline....except for maybe the fake people.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so jealous! I hope you have a blast.

    Hugs & love,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  10. How exciting! We are heading to the ocean in a few weeks and I cannot wait! Just make sure you take a ton of pictures and I know you will overcome the fear!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How exciting....enjoy your mini vacation and I can't wait to see all your pictures from Ruby Falls. It looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete