Saturday, March 12, 2011

Purex Crystals *Review*

 
I have become a Purex Insider and I can't tell you how excited I am to be given the opportunity to try their new products. A few weeks ago I received the Purex Crystals to use. I wanted to try this product for a few weeks to make sure I could give you a fair and honest review.


Purex Crystals are 92% natural and works differently than the oil based softeners that leave an oily residue on clothes. In addition you don't have to wait for the rinse cycle to add your softener. You add the crystals in at the beginning of the wash cycle.

Purex Crystals are safe for all your laundry. They don't break down the materials or leave a residue on them. The crystals preserve the flame retardant benefits on your childrens clothing and won't yellow or gray your whites as some oil based softeners do.

Purex Crystals are also affordable with a suggested retail price of $3.99 to $5.99 depending on the retailer.

Now for my opinion:
I love my clothes to smell good. I always waited for the rinse cycle of my laundry to add my liquid softeners because I felt putting them in the ball didn't make them smell as good. I also didn't like that after drying them in the dryer the scent usually wasn't as strong and didn't last until I wore them. There is nothing better than to crawl into bed and have good smelling sheets to cover up with.

I have to admit I was a little worried about Purex Crystals because you add them in before you put your laundry in. I was certain that the crystals would dissolve before they got the chance to soften my clothes and make them smell fresh.

I have used Purex Crystals for the past 2 weeks and I.LOVE.THEM!!! My sheets smell so good as soon as they come out of the dryer and stay smelling fresh through out the week until I wash them again. They stay soft and smooth. My work clothes still smell fresh at the end of the week when I finally use them. They have kept the smell and the softness on them hanging in the closet. My towels...wow! I have had a problem with my towels smelling funny even after they were washed. When I used the Purex Crystals the smell was gone and they were so soft. I almost wanted to cuddle with them.

I have a High Efficiency washer and dryer, the Purex Crystals are safe for both HE washers and standard washers. They have left no sort of residue in my washer. I add the crystals to the washer before I add my laundry. 

This is a product I would highly recommend to anyone who wants to preserve the quality of their laundry and have them always smelling fresh no matter when you go to use them. Thank you Purex for giving me the opportunity to use your product.

**I was given the Purex Crystals to try. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.**

5 comments:

  1. I almost bought them last week. I too have the issue of towels not smelling "good" even after washing and drying. Will try them next time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Purex and have been using it because of the affordable pricing, but haven't tried the Crystal yet..Thanks for a great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw an ad for these and wondered about them! Now that I have read your review, I may try them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the same exact issues you described with regular fabric softeners. I found this product at the grocery store and decided to give it a try. I must admit, I love this product! Day four after washing my sheets and they still smell amazing. I always had an issue with the weird "towel smell" even after washing my towels. With Purex Crystals, my towels smell great. I was concerned with some left behind residue with this product and have found nothing at all! They did a great job with this product. My dirty clothes still smell clean and my room also smells nice after doing laundry. My clothes feel soft and not oily! YAY!

    ReplyDelete