Thursday, November 11, 2010

12 Year Ago Today....

12 years ago today, I was given one of the most precious gifts ever. I was given my son! I can remember them laying him in my arms and a feeling of peace come over me. The rush of love that fills your heart when you look at your childs face for the first time, and as you count all their fingers and toes. 
My pregnancy w/  him was a tough one. Several times they thought I was going to miscarry, they told me to have an abortion because they had found cancer and the hormones would make it spread but I refused. I couldn't have made a better decision.

I found this perfectly fitting poem that I'd like to share w/ all of you.

Happy Birthday

© Lamanda K. Strong
Did I ever tell you about the day you were born?
When layed in my arms was such an angelic form
With soft black hair, little fingers and toes
The cutest of ears and a kiss on your nose
A heart beating fast and deep, blue eyes
Taking my breath with your very first cries
You look up at me and the world melts away
I never knew love until this day
I've waited so long to see your face
Welcome, my son, to this place
Though it may come with pain and strife
Here you earn your eternal life
But don't worry my baby you are not alone
He has chosen me to give you a home
I did nothing too deserve such a blessing as this
But I'll forever cherish this precious gift
Wherever in this life you choose to go
This one thing I want you to know
Here in my heart my baby you'll be
Because I love you and you matter to me

Poem Source: Happy Birthday, Mother Poems http://www.familyfriendpoems.com/family/poetry.asp?poem=543#ixzz14zX3S7nL

7 comments:

  1. Aw, happy birthday to your son! That poem is beautiful. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your son!! So glad you persevered through the pregnancy...what a gift you were given!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!!!

    You always know that it is the right decision especially when you look into those little eyes.

    Excellent tribute to your son.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Brayden. I can't believe he is 12 now. He was just a small boy when we became friends. Time sure does fly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to your precious son!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to your handsome son, and that poem is really perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to your not so little miracle! :)

    ReplyDelete