Sunday, November 7, 2010

Daily Thank You - Nov 7th


Today I am thankful I have a job! I hear on the news every day about people losing their jobs, cars and homes. It's heart breaking! I am so thankful to have a job, and to know I can feed the kids tomorrow.
They put an ad in for a position recently. They got 400 applications!! That's a lot! They said about 75% of the applicants have been looking for a job for a year or longer. I can tell you this...I'm glad I don't have to choose who to hire, because how do you turn away all those other hungry mouths??? I couldn't do it.

6 comments:

  1. While I don't have a full-time job right now, I too am thankful to have enough money to feed and clothe myself. I do have an interview tomorrow for a full time job in the music industry so wish me luck!!! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so true. Having a job is such a blessing always but esp. right now. I am glad I don't have to be the hiring one too. It would be too hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The time now is hard as we have so many people struggling not only to make ends meet but for their next meal, it is heartbreaking and those of us who are secure either in our retirement or with a job should count our blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a good thing to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jobs are very hard to come by now-a-days. Especially in our region. It's scary. I am glad you have a job too! It's hard time without 2 incomes for more families.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is hard to even think about, isn't it? We are so lucky to have work.

    ReplyDelete