Friday, November 5, 2010

Daily Thank You - Nov 5


Today I am thankful for my memories. I lost my mother 7 years ago, and every day I miss her more and more. I remember people telling me it would get easier. Well the truth is it doesn't. Sure you don't cry as much, but let me see something, smell something, hear something it sends me straight into tears. I still miss her terribly, and every day I miss her more. So does it get easier? No, at least I don't think so.
So I'm thankful I have all the great memories I do of her. She was a great mom, who showed us much love every day. Mom always gave us a hug, encouraged us and cheered us on when we did good. Believed in us even when we didn't believe in ourselves. Stood by us (OK really me) when we got in trouble. 
I know one day I will see her again, and I know she will greet me with open arms!

8 comments:

  1. This is beautiful and she most definitely will greet you with open arms. She is with you girl, even though you can't see her, I know she is. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness for memories! :) So sorry to hear you lost your mom at such a young age. That's got to be tough! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep her memories alive, and feel all that you're feelings..I still miss my dad, even though he has been gone for more than 20 years already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hold your memories in your heart and hold tight to them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry hun..There are no words for you lost but know that there are people all around you that care and are here for you hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a touching post.
    I am so sorry for your loss. I am sure it doesn't really get easier.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed your post. Im sorry for your loss.
    I lost my Grandmother and Aunt earlier this year, I understand your pain. ~

    ReplyDelete