Sunday, January 3, 2010

Mommy of the Month....

Next month, I will be getting Mommy of the month award from my daughter, Alexus. She absolutely loves the Vampire Diaries series. For Christmas I got her the whole series, but what she doesn't know is that I also pre-ordered the new book that will be coming out next month. I'm so excited and it's so hard for me to keep my mouth shut about it. This is actually why I don't buy presents early, I'm horrible at keeping things until Christmas. Also my luck is that I would/will (because I am going to start early this year) forget that I bought it and they would never get it, or maybe they'd get it when we move out of the house. If you haven't read any of the Vampire Diaries you should try reading them...I confess, I'm reading the first one right now and I'm hooked.

While I'm on the subject, why do kids only like us when we are doing something for them? Were we really like that as kids? Man, I feel so bad for my parents. I know sometimes I feel like I'm only good enough w/ cash in my hand. Not w/ Lexi, she is Mommy's girl all the way even at 14. But my son, man he only wants his video games and mom when she has money to buy him a video game. I really don't remember being like that w/ my parents, it's impossible that sweet little innocent me did anything other than be super nice and angelic towards my parents.
I'm finally starting to feel a bit better today. Still very nauseous, but most the time I can fight it. I hope I'm 100% by tomorrow because I HAVE to work. I refuse to miss out on holiday pay. I love that they will pay me to stay at home on a holiday. To bad every day can't be a holiday. I believe our next paid holiday isn't until April....that is so depressing. I like long weekends, and I like getting paid to be at home. I vote for the government paying all moms to stay home and raise happy, healthy, well mannered, loving, nurturing children! 

3 comments:

  1. So the Vampire Diaries are good huh? I know you just started them but now I am going to have to pick them up. Have you read any of the Charlaine Harris series? They are good but not appropriate for young readers. I am waiting for the last book to come out in paperback. I am reading Host right now...have you read that one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an awesome mom you are--my kids are only two and a half and 6 months, but they certainly only seem to like me when I'm giving something 'Dora the Explorer' related or milk.

    new follower, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hear you on that one. i am the best mom in the world when we are shopping and spending money:) I think most kids are that way...I agree we should get paid to be SAHM's. We have the hardest jobs.

    ReplyDelete