Monday, January 4, 2010

Sometimes a blonde should stay a blonde....



So today, I'm reflecting on the funny things my kids have done! One thing w/ Lexi really sticks out to me and makes me laugh.
When Lexi was about 11 yrs old, I was putting together my sons bed that I had bought, and was determined to put it together myself w/ out a mans help! So I call for Lexi and ask her to go to the garage and get me a Phillips screw driver out of her dads tool box. After many minutes go by, and me wandering why I have to do everything myself to get things done on time, she comes to me w/ a screwdriver in hand and says "Mom, I couldn't find a Phillips, but I found a Stanley!" It took me a good 10 min to stop laughing before I could explain to her what a Phillips screwdriver was.



Braydon, now 11, learned his alphabet when he was almost 3, and a very fast learner. So as we are going through the alphabet he says "q, r, s, t, me, v, double me, x, y, and z" I loved it! I wish I would've had some type of recording device at the time to record it. That is a memory I will cherish forever.




Megan, who is now 13, gives me many laughs. She was 7 yrs old when hubby and I first started dating. I remember her telling me how when she was 4 she swallowed a building block while she was at daycare and her dad had to do surgery to get it out. Hubby told her that he did surgery when she was asleep and removed the block along w/ giving her a new heart. That child believed that story for the longest time. While she was w/ us over Christmas she asked me how that block got out of her. I told her the most probable way it came out was in her "poo." OMG...you would've thought I told that girl it was now lodged in her brain w/ the look I got.

Please share your funny stories w/ the kids! I love hearing their stories!

5 comments:

  1. My daughter is only 3 1/2 but I laugh at my white-collar husband who doesn't know the difference between a phillips/robertson etc. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Those are too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious! My favorite is when we brought Brad home from the hospital. Emily was 2-1/2 and she told me to take him back to the "hopital" and she was dead serious. She probably still feels that way sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a stepmother??!!!

    I would love to hear more about your step-mothering experiences. For the last 12 years I have lived a few blocks away from my husband's ex-wife and their 3 children. It has been quite an experience!!

    I'll be looking for your step-mothering stories! You obviously love your kids alot! I love that you call your step-children, MY daughter and MY son.

    I call my step-kids MY kids, too.

    One time one of my neighbors told another neighbor, who told another neighbor, who couldn't wait to tell me, that she thought it was ridiculous that I told everyone I had 6 kids when 3 of them were my step-children.

    Oh, goodness!!

    Denise
    www.stepmotherinthesuburbs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete