Monday, January 17, 2011

Bad Service

I placed an order about a week or so ago on Amazon for some Eneloop batteries. They are said to be the best for my new camera that I got for Christmas. I was so excited to get them, and oh by the way I got free shipping. I love free shipping!

So I went to check the status of my order and it said there was an attempt to deliver but they were unable. I don't understand why FedEx hands so many of their packages over to USPS but ok what ever. Once I seen that it had been turned over to USPS I knew why it hadn't been delivered, the weather. We've had all this snow and I knew they couldn't get up my driveway, that is if they even went down my street. So I call the post office because it says I can pick it up. The lady on the phone asked me if I had the pink pick up slip and I explained to her that I didn't believe they had even made it down my road. So she said as long as the address on the package matched my drivers license I would be able to pick it up. She then proceeded to check and make sure that it was in fact there. It was.

So I stopped at the post office on my way home from work to pick up my package. Get up to the counter and explain that a package had been attempted to be delivered and they weren't able to. I didn't have the pink slip but that I had spoke to someone and she said as long as it matched my DL I could get it. The lady asks for my name and address. She then asks "was this shipped through us?" No it hadn't been. "How do you know it was attempted to be delivered?" Well I tracked it online and it said it had and that it was available for pick up. She says to me "well you can't always trust those things." I explained that I had talked to someone and she assured me it was there. She says again "You can't trust those things" and pretty much dismisses me and starts to call the next person. Of course I got a little upset and said "Excuse me, but I did talk to someone and she assure me that it was here!" She rolled her eyes and said "I'll go look, but it's not here!"

So she huffed to the back, complaining to a coworker on the way to look. Guess what she emerged with...my package. Oh and not just mine, but another one they had attempted to deliver for my husband! HAHAHA stupid lady, stop being lazy and do your freaking job!

Customer service is very important. When the post office starts to wonder why their business is going down hill, it's because technology has increased, and your employees aren't worth a damn! Every time I have to deal with them, it's never a pleasant experience.

18 comments:

  1. Ugh, what is wrong with people? Laziness and rudeness wont get you anywhere in life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate USPS....never had a good day with them. I also have snow all over and didnt get mail for three days...my packages were also delayed....but somehow my UPS guy got through...but then again, my garbage was just picked up after two weeks...and there is absolutely no excuse for rudeness....anywhere....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have wanted to tell her to get off her lazy butt and go back and get it. I hope she felt stupid walking back up with your packages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't agree with you more. Customer service should be number one in this economy! Hope those batteries work out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you didn't give up. My husband has many stories about customer service. Working in the field he gets very irritated when he receives poor service which seems to happen more often then not these days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a mess. Why is it so hard for people just to do their jobs?

    Hugs & love,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nope. NO NONONONO. You don't wanna hear my rant against the USPS do you????? HATE.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That would have pissed me off!

    Hope you're happy with the batteries now - what kind of camera did you get?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a love/hate relationship with our post office guy. Amazon does me this way with almost everything...
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  10. great feeling when she has to hand the package thats not there over to you, though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. At least your carrier has a reason not to deliver. I ALWAYS have to drive to get packages at the post office because my carrier is too lazy to get out of the truck and knock on the freakin' door. The slip hets left in my mailbox saying that they tried to deliver and no one was home. I actually watched him do it one day. I complained.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ugh... bad customer service from somewhere always leaves me so irritated

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, that would have torqued me! I'm glad you stuck to your guns on it. Like you said, customer service anyone? Was she polite enough to be embarrassed?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like this post. At least I know I'm not the only one that has problems with the post office lady. I swear ours is a snotty witch. She writes all over my mail if mail is addressed with my street addy and not my PO Box. She gets out her large red marker, marks a big circle around the addy, and hand writes, NO STREET DELIVERY! PLEASE INFORM SENDER OF YOUR PO BOX! (hand writes this) I so wanted to buy her a box of markers for Christmas, but she is married to my husband's boss. ugh!
    I live in a town with 70 people. I could put mail in these boxes with a first name only on a letter!
    Hopping by on Monday!
    Laurie from Grandma Sez So

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gotta love the lazy asses in some of these "public service" jobs, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  16. You know, I noticed that bad service is everywhere these days. I am so frustrated going everywhere and dealing with rudeness and stupidity.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have the sweetest UPS guy. He even gave my family a Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  18. My mailman is so lazy . . . he will shove a package in my mailbox that doesn't really fit so he doesn't have to get his fat a$$ out of his little comfy truck.

    Another issue . . . when I was a selling stuff online, you would not believe how many packages they lost and would reappear months later . . . the excuse was always "it fell under the table". Not only did I lose money, but also reputation because of them.

    Idiots . . . lazy freakin' idiots!!

    ReplyDelete