Friday, January 7, 2011

Favorite New Year's Eve Program - Guest Blogger

Authored by Leandro Delgado

I absolutely love watching Dick Clarke's New Year's Rockin' Eve Special on my Direct tv. Not only is it a great time for my family and friends to celebrate the coming new year, it also provides amazing music from the latest and greatest artists. It truly is a rockin' time and a great way to bring all those close to me together.

Dick Clarke has been hosting this special since the year 1972. I love watching his vivacious and lively personality as the timer on the right hand side counts down slowly to the new and upcoming year. Recently though, Clarke has had a new partner to help with hosting. Ryan Seacrest has been helping to host this program since 2000 to help Clarke while he recovered from a severe stroke.


What I love the most about this program is the sense of family and love that stems from it. When the sparkling ball drops, all those who have crowded in Times Square in the freezing cold give their loved ones kisses and Clarke always makes sure to give his wife a loving kiss to welcome the New Year. The special also takes note of other celebrations that take place all around the globe.

I really recommend Dick Clarke's New Year's Rockin' Eve for those who love today's current music and those who also wish to start the new year with a bang. This show will bring a smile to anyone's face. It always does for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment