Friday, January 21, 2011

Funny Things Friday...


So I have decided on Fridays I will share funny stories and pictures with you.

I answer phones at work so I am constantly hearing funny things. There is only 1 of the companies I work for where I live so I will not directly refer to that company but instead will call it XYZ. What I will tell you is I am a receptionist for a car dealership. That is very important to keep in mind as you hear these things. Some make me laugh and some well they just irritate the hell out of me. All stories are true events! Names will be changed for privacy purposes.

Story #1:
Me: Thank you for calling XYZ how may I direct your call?
Caller: Yes ma'am, this is Mary and I was wondering if you could refer me to a OB.
Me: Ma'am this is a car dealership.
Caller: That's fine, I just need a referral to an OB.
Me: Ma'am I am a receptionist at a car dealership I can not give you referrals to an OB.
Caller: Well why didn't you tell me this was a car dealership.

Story #2:
Me: XYZ how may I direct your call? (No I don't always answer the phones the same exact way but I do always say the company name)
Caller: I just got a call from this number.
Me: **Rolling my eyes because we have 100+ employees and certainly they must all call me and let me know they are making a phone call before they do so**
Me: Do you have your car in our service department or the bodyshop?
Caller: No
Me: Did they leave a voicemail?
Caller: Yes, but they said the message was for Lynn and I don't know anybody named Lynn.
Me: **Doing my very best to contain my laughter** Ma'am it must have been the wrong number.
Caller: Well maybe but ok.

Ok now for a few funny pictures I found on hahastop.com


 




8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh - thanks for the giggles!! I needed that today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that first one is hilarious LOL!!!!! More power to you I could SOOO not be a receptionist the thought of it makes me sweat LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bear is hilarious!
    I don't have the patience to deal with stupid people who call. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So funny! People must not even think about what they're saying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always call a car dealership to find my OB's....baahahhahaha! Thanks for the laughs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I needed some laughs today!

    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG That bear made me think of The Gremlin LOL! Thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the laugh. They say Laughter is the best medicine.

    ReplyDelete