Friday, January 28, 2011

Funny Things Friday

Yep it's time for some more Funny Things Friday. Just a reminder:
**I answer phones at work so I am constantly hearing funny things. There is only 1 of the companies I work for where I live so I will not directly refer to that company but instead will call it XYZ. What I will tell you is I am a receptionist for a car dealership. That is very important to keep in mind as you hear these things. Some make me laugh and some well they just irritate the hell out of me. All stories are true events! Names will be changed for privacy purposes.


Me: Thank you for calling XYZ how may I direct your call?
Cust: I'm sorry who is this?
Me: This is XYZ
Cust: Are you sure this isn't headquarters for Bo Jangles?
Me: Yep pretty sure! (Ok I'm not supposed to be sarcastic but I had to do it.)
Cust: Well I dialed the numbered to Bo Jangles
Me: I'm sorry but you must have misdialed
Cust: I never misdial, this must be Bo Jangles!!! (She said this very loud)
Me: **blink, blink**

That's all the calls I got for you today because it's been a heck of a week and it's also very early in the morning and I'm getting ready to go to work. Hope y'all have a great weekend! Now I leave you with some funny pics.

***All images found at hahastop.com***

8 comments:

  1. I so get you. I work for an electrical contractor and we have 3 Mikes here. Each has a different job. People will call asking for Mike and I'll ask which one. They usually don't know so I'll ask what their call is in reference to and they'll simply say, electrical. WTF? No really? I also hate the people who have the wrong number and repeat the number to you and ask if you're sure this isn't it? I've had this guy text me for the past year because he thinks I'm "Richard" and every time I tell him he's texting the wrong number. Last time I went off on him via text. He never contacted me again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha!

    I'm pretty sure I would be fired from that job within a day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I thought I dialed Bo Jangles...hahahhahaha! You know I never make a mistake ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Melissa,

    Hope your weekend is going well. This post is just too cute.

    Came by to ask if you'd like to guest host my blog hop with me today? Well, it's a Monday blog hop, but I do the post tonight. The only thing you would need to do is create a post about it. I would give you all the info to use.

    Email me at thethingswefindinside@gmail.com if you are interested.

    Thanks xo
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's funny and must be frustrating as well when someone insists on it..Have a good week, Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laughing at the "blink blink"...heehee...gotta love STUPID people!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll bet you hear all sorts of things at your job. My husband too works at a car dealership - sales guy. It's an interesting line of work and he always has some good stories.

    ReplyDelete