Wednesday, January 26, 2011

It's All In The Box

Today I'm going to talk to you about mailboxes. Yes, I'm serious because there is an entire story behind our mailbox when we moved into our home.

We moved from Alabama to TN in 2007. We had 2 days while we were here to look at homes and we looked at a ton of them. I did not want the house we are in (yes, I'm very thankful to have a home since I know you are reading this Prince Charming!) but it had carpet. I hate carpet and of course Prince Charming promised to put hardwood floors in the living room since I don't like carpet. Well I should have known better, but I wanted to have faith that he would do it. Need I tell you that he put new carpeting down in the living room?

That is not my story though. When we moved here there was a lot of work to be done in the house and around the property. Prince Charming loves the yard to look nice and I must admit he does a fantastic job at making it look nice all the time. Bless his heart!

Well our mailbox was one of those cheap ones on a flimsy metal pole. Prince Charming was doing his yard work, cleaning it all up and making it look good and was chopping away on all the over growth around the mailbox. When he cut all the growth around the mailbox down, it fell over. I swear to you this is a true statement.


Well then we had to go on our journey of finding a new one. I had a dream of getting one of those pretty decorative mailboxes, but he had another plan. I still dream about having me a fancy mailbox and so comes the website searching.

I happened upon this website that has mailboxes for sale. They have some traditional mailboxes and some gorgeous really catches my eye modern ones. These are good quality mailboxes at great prices. They sell both residential and commercial mailboxes. They also offer curbside decor that will really enhance your curbside appeal.

9 comments:

  1. Alright already, I'll get a new mailbox. Sheesh! LOL!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even get to have a mailbox on my house. I have to walk to the corner to get my mail in one of those locker type contraptions.
    You should definitely get a pretty mailbox!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a locker type too but it is right in front of our house. We see everyone have to come around the corner for their mail...except us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a plan old mailbox... I would love to get a new one!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So....I'm getting that you might like a new....mailbox....?
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alas I am an apartment dweller so I only have a small metal box.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always wanted a cute one, but mine is sandwiched between 3 other ones so no one could see it.

    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is that a hint to Prince Charming that is the mailbox you want?!? LOL Get on it PC, HPat says so :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. We get ours down at the corner too. We had a mailbox attached to the front when we moved in even though the mail comes into the locker type thing and solicitors and flyer delivery people were just filling it up. We ripped it down and they still left flyers and brochures. I finally had to get a no flyers sign.

    ReplyDelete