Thursday, December 31, 2009

It was a bad night....

 

Last night was such a bad night! I swear that I must be super woman and nobody bothered to let me know. Hubby is sick so we must stop the world and cater to him. Now really, honestly let me be fair here. He is very very very good to me, and he does a ton for me. This however is not going to stop me from complaining about him right now, because I had a bad night! So, I'm sitting at work yesterday and my shoulder starts hurting like crazy!
A little back history here: February 2009 we go bowling, have a great time and go home. Next morning I get up, I have a lump that has formed from where the neck and back connect to about the middle of where the shoulder blades are, and can't move my head or right arm. I figure it's a pulled muscle, suck it up and keep going on. Come July, my neck and back are still killing me and there is still the lump, so I go to the Dr. They think it's inflammation, put me on meds for a week plus a cortisone shot. That does nothing. They send me for an X-ray...nothing. They send me for a CT scan...nothing. They send me for an MRI...I have a slight fracture in my neck and am losing bone marrow, but nothing to be concerned about and not the problem. They do a bone scan to check for bone cancer...nothing!
Fast forward to current day: the lump is still there, I am still in pain, and yesterday my shoulder starts killing me. Now I was just sitting there, not moving, and it starts hurting like hell. So I put my hand up on my left shoulder, and it to is now swollen like crazy. The best way to describe the pain is it feels like there is a knife in my back and someone is twisting it around and around, constantly. Pretty much the same in my shoulder now.
So I get home, hubby already knows the pain I'm in and do I get any sympathy at all....NO! It's do this for me, do that, you shouldn't answer the phone so much, what are you gonna do for dinner since you didn't pull anything out (oh yeah hubby you were home ALL day), be fair...he did end up buying dinner for us. But UGH! I wanna go take a shower and go to bed early, I hurt and I'm just pissy....but no, I can't do that, I must take the dogs out to go potty and obviously I am the only one in the house that can do that. So where is my sympathy? Where is my help? Why me?!?!? Yes, I'm having a pitty me moment right now. Ok being fair again here, hubby typically does take very good care of me when I am sick, but when it's pain, I just think he doesn't get the amount of pain I'm in. Sometimes I wish he could feel it for just 5 min (wouldn't wish this on someone for longer than that) and then maybe he could/would appreciate the pain that I am in.
Ok I'm done whining and complaining now, I'll go about my day, but thanks for listening (or reading) anyway. I really do appreciate it. Oh and I know you'll give me sympathy as well, because well we women just understand each other so thanks for that as well! Hope you all have a great day!

6 comments:

  1. If I lived near you I would come over and let you relax while I made dinner for you guys and take the doggies out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there girl! I so understand and I feel for you. I hope your back and neck feel better soon...and for your sake, your hubby too! Happy New Years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you feel better soon. Do the Dr's have any other idea of what's going on??

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a shame. I simple night of bowling leading to months of constant pain. I do feel for you and I know first hand that women just work through the pain no matter what and men just think we can't be hurt that badly. This same pain would have them in ICU on morphine!

    In the meantime, I want to wish you and yours a Happy New Year and hope you are finally able to get that shoulder under control and pain free in 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do hope that you get the pain to subside.

    Happy New Year and I'm looking forward to seeing your photos.

    ~Another 365 Mommytographer, (2010)
    ~Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Men are wusses about pain or sickness but they really do seem to think we are all superwomen! I think it stems from seeingt heir Moms do the same thing. I hope the pain gets better and maybe the doctors can figure out what is causing it sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete