Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Meatball....


I was not around yesterday and that adorable puppy above is the reason why. This is Meatball, he is a Saint Bernard / Great Pyrenees mix. Meatball is 5 to 6 months old and weighs 60 lbs. Last night he was in a kill shelter and had only 1 1/2 hours to live if he didn't find a home. My husband and I decided that we would foster him until he finds his forever home. Someone who can love him and give him the care he needs. How someone could put this sweet face to death is beyond me. He is such a great dog! He hopped right in my car and laid down for the ride to his new home. When I got him home, we gave him a bath right away and removed his death tag, broke my heart seeing that around his neck. He is a giant of a dog, and he thinks he can sit on my lap, but he doesn't fit. It's really funny when my 2 lb Chihuahua barks at him and he runs and hides behind me. Today he went to the vets and got fixed along got updated on all his shots. We will get him back tomorrow morning and start working on getting him trained. He needs to be housebroken and learn some basic commands as well as not to jump. So if I go absent for a few days, it's because my hands are full right now trying to care for this baby until we find him a suitable home.



3 comments:

  1. he looks so adorable and fluffy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a beautiful dog. You have such a kind heart to save this "puppy" (he's a big boy!) Gosh, you make me wish we could adopt him! I hope you find a home for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1 1/2 hours to live. You got there just in time! So fluffy, when I was a kid I wanted a dog like this.

    ReplyDelete