Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Bipolar & The Stress


Do you have any idea of what stress can do to a bipolar person? It can make for one crazy, funny, insane, hysterical, entertaining, and confusing evening.

As you all know I went to court on Wednesday...that did not go the way it was supposed to and I promise soon I will write about the whole situation, but there are still a few things that have to be worked out before I'm willing to put the story out there.
Well the past 2 months have been hectic, stressful and one hell of a roller coaster. What does that do to me? It sends me all over the place. One minute I'm happy, the next in the middle, then out of nowhere I'm crying. It makes me react completely different to a situation than I normally would. For instance:

Prince Charming and I were watching Eclipse together. He thought he'd be funny and attempt to be a hot vampire (like he'd ever have anything on Edward...I think not) and was biting my neck. Well I have SUPER sensitive skin and after a little while I get up to go to the restroom and my daughter stops me, looks at me funny and says "MOM...is that a HICKEY!!!" Ugh...better not be! I quick make a dash for the mirror, forgetting that I had to pee in the first place and I lost my mind! I was so mad! How could he do that to me. HELLO, I have a 15 yr old daughter...I should not have hickeys. I was angry furious. I lost it, I yelled at him, gave him the stink eye, threatened to break his foot (in my defense 2 weeks prior our wrestling match ended w/ me in the ER w/ a broken foot and ankle). I stormed out of the house and went to WalMart to get some make-up to cover it up. Ugh yeah that made it worse, I hope my daughter learned that lesson. I have never had a hickey, how was I supposed to cover that up. How could I dare show my face at work? 

Prince Charming got grief for it the rest of the night. I went to bed mad because he was not a hot sexy Edward biting my neck - that I could've forgiven, but my Prince Charming doing it was not acceptable. 

So there...that is what stress will do to a bipolar!


12 comments:

  1. It really makes me upset about what happened to your in court. It makes me sad because the court system is so jacked up. I am sorry I missed your post on Sunday, it never appeared in my reader otherwise I would have commented. I am praying for your sweet friend.

    By the way it is kind of funny you got a hickey! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're at a very vulnerable time with the added stress of holidays. Well, you know me, I think life is stink when it comes to the Xes when children are involved..

    Take gentle care, Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was just not a good time for anything to happen, and I think that would have set me off too. You've had a lot to deal with lately!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a stressful time of year. The good news is that it'll be over really soon. I know that's little consolation for how you feel right now and the issues you're having in court, but hang in there.

    And I'm fairly certain the only thing Mr. BFG would do is make fun of me for watching a vampire movie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How dare he think he is Edward, lol You two crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No one can be an Edward! No way, no how! :) Tough thing to have to look at and deal with. They don't think sometimes do they?

    Hang in there girl...you have lots of us who are there for you when you need us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh I can't imagine having a hickey at this age, lol!

    I'm totally stealing that graphic for my blog's sidebar.

    Hugs & love,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe the hickey thing is a bipolar thing, mine does the same thing! lol :):

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is it wrong that that clip art had me dying of laughter?!


    Dude, in your 30s and getting a hickey? Girlfran got it goin' on ;) It's like your reliving your youth, what's wrong with that?

    Hang in there. I feel your pain, but just repeat, "this, too, shall pass."

    ReplyDelete
  10. Huge hugs to you - hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eeks...good thing he didn't think he was Jacob, or you might have claw marks all over your back! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sorry, I would be upset too! :) I've never had one and I don't want a hickey either LOL. I can relate to being all over the place. I struggle with depression and it really takes you for a ride. Hugs to you! I hope your stress levels come down soon. I also hope that me having your blog as my homepage really helps your scores :) I have no idea. OH yeah, change it at home :) We had a tornado yesterday and I JUST got internet back so I will give ya an extra day before I change it to someone else's blog :) Take care!

    http://melindatoad.com

    ReplyDelete