Sunday, December 12, 2010

Today I Am Sad



As most of you know I went to court last week and it did not go as planned. The judge sided with my sons father and awarded him custody after many brutal lies. It broke my heart, I was devastated to say the least, my son was heart broken when I had to tell him. It's not that I don't think his father will care for him, it's that he wanted to be with his mom. I guess I should've gone in there fighting dirty as well...I chose to not lie under oath and I paid the price for it.

Today was the first time I've gotten to talk to him since he's been at his dads. My little boy does not sound cheerful, he does not sound happy, and he's doing just what they always make him do...play video games. I'm so broken hearted after talking to him and hearing his unhappy voice. I was hoping he was happy, even if he didn't get what he wanted. I was hoping he'd be cheerful instead he sounded strained. This has been hard on him no doubt, but I hate hearing him sound like that.

I love my son with all my heart and I want nothing but happiness for him. I hope he is able to find it there eventually because now there is nothing I can do and it makes me sad.

15 comments:

  1. I am so sorry Melissa. I went through some nasty stuff with the father of my children too when they were younger. Your son knows that this is not about his father "needing" to have him near but about his father "wanting" to hurt you. It is a shame when a parent uses a child to get back at the other parent. I found out a few years back that my now 28yr old daughter told her father that the reason she & her sister & brother acted up & did not listen to him was because they did not respect him but they DID respect me. I can't tell you how that made me feel. If I could have known that moment would happen & would not have let the whole situation tear me up as bad as it did. Han in there Girl. Karma will come back & bite him in the butt later on.
    http://wiccanmakesometoo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my problem with family court- your son is old enough to know what he wants. The judge should have asked your son who he wanted to live with and grant his wish. It's just BS. So sorry this has happened and that your son is not happy with the outcome. Hopefully the court reverses their decision someway, somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww hunny i am so sorry that has to be very difficult. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your son!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really hate this. It breaks my heart to hear that he is not happy. I am always here for you. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so very sorry. I don't know why your son can't have input about his residence. I hope this can change soon.

    Hugs & love,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry things worked out this way. I hope that you have really generous visitation???

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry! I wish there was something we all could do! My thoughts are with you both!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Melissa,

    I am so sad for your right now. That is devastating. I will say a prayer that you son finds peace and will be happy with the situation soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry. I feel like the court system doesn't always take the child's feelings into consideration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How is that possible? Family court is suck and they always think they know what is best for the children, when in fact, they don't even really care..

    I'm so sorry to hear this Melissa, and for your son also. If he is old enough, you can challenge the court's decision, and bring him back home where he wants to be.

    Sending a huge cyber hug, and silent prayer for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so sorry for both you and and your son I couldn't even imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Melissa, This one hurts and I am sorry that you and your son were parted in this manner, I have a problem with the courts as in my opinion the only winners are the lawyers when it comes to dividing us from our children.

    Prayers for healing my Friend

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Melissa, that is horrible. I hope you can appeal the decision. They should have let him make the decision. Is he old enough in your state?

    ReplyDelete
  14. My heart goes out to you. We went through a similar situation with my husband's son and his custody battle. They were pulling out people Dh had never met and telling stories about him despite the fact that we lived 4 states away now. We ended up having to settle for a really crappy visitation schedule. I hope as he gets older you can work out a more favorable arrangement!

    ReplyDelete