Sunday, December 19, 2010

A New Way To Make Money

**Google Image**

Every time I drive past a homeless person my heart breaks. I want to pull out my wallet and give them money. I want to cry for them and bring them home. I want to feed them and make sure they are healthy. There is one gentleman who has been standing down by the highway for over a year now. Last year when the weather got bad and I didn't see him I worried for him. I've never seen him with a sign begging for money, just standing out there. A year later he's still there. I've taken him food and coffee when it's cold. I've prayed for him and hoped he would find a home. I don't know his story or why he's homeless but I know my heart breaks for him.

The past few weeks I've noticed a new guy close to the same location. He stands out there with a sign every day asking for money. Again my heart breaks for him. I don't know his story. Every day he's out there in the cold and in the rain. I worried for him, I prayed for him. 

Friday on my way home from work I seen something that really bothered me. I seen the new guy pack up his things and get into a pretty new looking BMW. I was shocked and stunned! Does that mean this man isn't homeless...no. It could be that he's living in his car, but wow it was a really nice looking car. I don't know what to think. Is he scamming us? Is this a new way to make money?

10 comments:

  1. Yikes! I really hope that pretending to be homeless is not his new way of making money. Thats just ridiculous if it is! Geesh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ive heard of that happening a few times.. thats awful if its true!! Some people can't help their situations but to pretty much mock them is disgusting and that man should be ashamed of himself

    ReplyDelete
  3. maybe his car is all he has left....who knows. but I hope it's not a scam :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope he is not doing that as a scam.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea, I've seen that happen before. I also notice, they usually have nicer shoes than me lol. I think most are scammers. Not all, but most.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard you can make $300 a day doing that. But as my hubby would say "There for the grace of G-d goes I" A dollar or two doesnt break us and at least he is not robbing people...in a way ...but I have heard of scams like this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hard to say Melissa, now days there are a lot of people who are living out of their cars, they say we should give to those who need help and not judge them, if we get taken once in a while so be it, I would rather get taken every now and then than to pass by someone without helping when I could have.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jimmy has a point there. It's best to give him the benefit of a doubt.

    Have a blessed day, Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for entering blog hop! I am your newest follower!

    http://chicnsavvyreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's strange! Is he doing some kind of experiments? I hope so, otherwise, it's creepy!

    ReplyDelete