Friday, December 3, 2010

Candy Canes:Our Holiday Tradition

Guest post of the week by Moises Henderson.

As the mother of two girls, ages 4 and 5, candy canes are our favorite treat to enjoy during Christmas! We do not typically indulge on the peppermint/ candy canes. We save those to place on our Christmas tree. Instead, we love the sweet, multi-colored candy canes. They taste so great, and are perfect when you need a sweet fix. Since they are only around during the holidays, I am sure we eat a few to many candy canes, but that's o.k.,too.

While we were watching television last night, we saw an ad for candy canes. It is not to often I see advertisements for candy canes since they are such a popular Christmas tradition already. We were kicked back watching satellite tv from bestchoicetv.com, then all of a sudden, the commercial popped on the screen. My little girls were so excited and ready to go buy a few boxes from the store.

It just would not be Christmas without our multi-colored candy canes. I can not wait to get the tree put up and a few boxes of them for the three of us to enjoy. My parents and I loved candy canes,too,and I am so thankful the tradition has been carried on to my girls.

2 comments:

  1. I love multi-colors candy canes too, and yes, peppermint candy canes to hang on tree! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas traditions really do make the season special:)

    ReplyDelete