Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A Much-Appreciated Reprieve - Guest Post

Contribution by Darren Saunders

Being the mother of 3 children, I care very much about and try to be strict about what they can or cannot watch. They are all at ages where just viewing or listening to something can influence them the wrong way, in my opinion.

Little Dannie is 5, Marsha is 9 and Simon is 13 and I am more than comfortable with all of them watching the shows on the children's channel, Nickelodeon. This is mostly to do with the fact that they find common ground almost exclusively when they are sitting down to watch various programs on the network. Ordinarily, they couldn't be anymore different, but put on a Sponge Bob or Power Rangers: Samurai episode and they become so completely entranced.

Many a time I have wished to have that kind of calming effect on my children! I can't say enough about how thankful I am to have the satellite tv I got after seeing this directtv comparison as it affords both my husband and I a bit of a reprieve from the constant battles my little angels wage against one another every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment